When it comes to a fender bender, there are several parts you may have to purchase to restore your vehicle fully. Ace Auto Parts carries fenders and other used auto parts that will fit on your car. Visit our junkyard and find out if we have the part you need. You can also call ahead or visit our online store to see if we have a part you want.
Replacing Your Fender: What to Consider
The fender is on the side of the vehicle resting between the door and the bumper. Manufacturers install fenders in different ways. For instance, your fender may be a stand-alone component, or it could be integrated with the fascia along the front or back of the car. Regardless of what type of fender is in your vehicle, engineers design it to protect you in the event of a collision. Thus, fenders are built to withstand substantial impact during an accident. Therefore, when you purchase a used fender from a junkyard, you need to ensure that it is in excellent condition. Anything less than a solid fender puts you and your passengers at risk.
Here are some other considerations when choosing a fender for your car, truck, or SUV:
● A fender should be devoid of any cracks, deep dents, or damage. A few minor dents can be hammered out.
● The holes where you drive the bolts should be free from cracks, warps, or any other damage. The bolt holes stabilize the fender so that you can correctly install it.
● Get a fender that it is an exact match of your car’s make, model, and year. We can help you identify if there are any fenders available in our junkyard.
● Try to match the material on the fender. Most fenders are made of high-grade steel to protect your car. You can also get them in aluminum, carbon fiber, fiberglass, or reinforced plastic parts.
● If you are a stickler for original factory parts, we can help you identify if a piece is a factory, OEM, or aftermarket. Keep in mind that the price will vary depending on what is on the car in the salvage yard.
Should You Buy a Rusty Fender?
Occasionally we get fenders in the junkyard that may have rust on them. You’ll notice them more in older cars than newer models. Depending on what the fender is made of, the outer fender typically rusts where two or more pieces of sheet metal are come together, either by a weld or a bolt. A little rust can be sanded out. If the fender is rusted through, however, we suggest that you look in our used parts store for a used fender in better condition.
Ace Auto Parts Has the Car Parts You’re Looking For
Ace Auto Parts is Minneapolis and St. Paul’s #1 Salvage Yard. We offer a wide range of parts, as well as car sales, installs, and service. We can help you find parts for domestic, foreign, personal, and commercial vehicles of all types. To locate a part, you can download our app or visit our junkyard. You can also call us at 651-717-4299, or you can message us on our contact page.